VALUES STATEMENT The purposes of the Tennessee Board of Regents Library Deans and Directors' Group are:
1. to share our individual resources in a system-wide manner to the benefit of our users;
2. to benefit economically from the development of consortial approaches to obtaining resources.
3. to provide input and advice to TBR administrative staff on library-related matters;
4. to develop system-wide approaches to library-related matters;
5. to respect the unique needs of each library due to its size and mode of operation;
6. to provide communication, encourage collaboration and make recommendations to the Academic Sub-Council;
7. to schedule meetings of the group to ensure optimum attendence;
8. to ascribe to each representative the same voting rights and privileges;
9. to maintain an ongoing dialogue between meetings;
10. to achieve appropriate status, recognition and compensation for librarians and library staff;
11. to provide a venue for the discussion of common concerns, development of collective solutions to common problems, mutual support, information and consultation.
12. to seek to enhance funding to support the missions of our libraries.
Revised by the Tennessee Board of Regents Library Deans and Directors on June 23, 1999.
Last updated on April 15, 2004